Random Moment of Delight #14 – The Boat Race

I would like to say that I had a great Random Moment of Delight yesterday when I went to The Boat Race.

This is one of the oldest long standing sporting events, the most famous boat race of all time, between Oxford & Cambridge, starting at Putney Bridge, finishing at Mortlake.

I have written a long post on the event, which you will see here.

I also wrote a post on the history of this boat race, which you will see here

I hope you will manage to take a look at both links, this goes to my blog  Living in East Sheen, which is where I blog on the area where I live, my slightly more ‘business streaked still with fun, blog’ – hence you get to see my crazier side here, “oh the joy” I hear you say!  :-)

Though there are pictures on the links, here is one to wet your appetite.

018

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Living in East Sheen blog

Come browse one of my other blogs?

It is a lonely place blog

Come browse my journey with chronic pain!

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

About these ads

17 comments for “Random Moment of Delight #14 – The Boat Race

1. April 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Awesome! I love the shot of the bright, bright … as in really bright umbrella on the other post. What fun to watch something that has so much history! perfect for RMoD!

• April 7, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Yes she was just standing there waiting in the rain for the rowers and I coiosnr resist. I just got my new camera today woohoo omg so many buttons lol

• April 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I will be away next Sunday and to do the RMoD from my phone will be impossible, and we get back the next Sat and I know with the journey my back will be horrible so I might end up missing two RMoD’s which will be really weird :(

• April 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Thank you for letting me know sweetie. I hope the journey is better than you expect on your back. Tell you what… why don’t you just write down one little thing each day that makes you smile and keep a list in your phone. That way at least you will keep a higher heart for yourself. I’ll miss you!

• April 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Awe that’s a great idea, in fact I already have a moment of delight for this week, I might just schedule it to post its short but sweet, but I won’t be able to put it in your linky, unless you can do it from your end? hehe…huggles x I might well do that list though :)

• April 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Yes I can put it in the linky, I’ll look for it that Sunday (since you can link to my site but not the actual post, since it won’t post til then either). Cool! perfect.

• April 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM

OK, I will just post it on my site then and put al ink to your general random moments of delight page?

• April 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Perfect

• April 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

If you want to do a special instagram for that next week, I can include that (I’ll take a screenshot of it) in the following Sunday RMoD. just make sure and tag @Firebonnet in the comments so I know it’s there.

• April 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Oh that’s a cool idea, I warn though being a Libran I never can chose what I like and is not quite good enough so I end up with tonnes of pics lolol very cool idea though, Devon is simply beautiful

• April 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Feel free to tell me which you’d like me to post (maybe pick 3?) and what you’d like me to say. (firebonnet@outlook.com)

• April 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Thanks Meghan, I might send a test mail now just so I have a record of your email otherwise I will lose it in this comments section hehe x

2. April 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Sounds fun!

3. April 7, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Delightful! Love to hear about British traditions!

• April 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM

It was great! I shall tell you more as and when…:-P

Comments are closed.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 469 other followers